Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hearing God's Whispers

“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart. Wait! I say upon the Lord.” - Psalm 27:13-14

It’s one of those moments where my get up and go has got up and went. I want to write inspiring words but tonight I am tired. My spirit needs to rest. Suddenly I realize what is wrong. There I go trying to do everything with my own power again – thinking I am superwoman.

I need God to carry me for a little bit. I need Him to lift me up and cleft me inside His wing and breath His holy breath into my soul. I need to hear Him talk to me. I need to let go and let God.

I need spiritual nourishment to give me endurance to run this race so I can shoulder Johnny as he gets weaker and weaker. I am stopping to lay my head on the bible for a few minutes because I can’t find the right passage that speaks to me. I need to get quiet so I can hear God whisper in my ear. I’ll be back……………………………….

Aha! I knew if I would just hush up that chatter in my soul He would speak. I rested a minute or two (or three) and received inspiration for direction. A thought was planted while I rested, to pick up a scrapbook of Christian poetry and and prose I have. I started flipping through and Oila! I found the perfect poem to lead me into God’s sustenance. I love it when God surprises me like this.

Here’s the poem. I hope it will lead you into the solutions for your own problems as well:

Prescription for Your Need

By Dr. Sunshine
To be taken according to directions

Though you may view your work in tears,
And count it all in vain,
Psalm one two-six will calm your fears,
And make you sing again.

Though darkness shuts you in like night,
You need not go astray;
John 8:12 tells about a light
That turns your night to day.

Are you restless, ever restless,
Like the billows of the sea?
There is perfect peace and quiet
In Isaiah two six three.

When assailed by foes unnumbered,
And you know not what to do,
Flee oh flee to David’s fortress
Named in Psalm eighteen verse two.

When you’re sick be not discouraged,
Though no earthly help is nigh,;
In James five you’ll find a healer
Who can hear your faintest cry.

If there’s but little in your purse
Or maybe nothing which is worse!
Your God will help you in your need,
Psalm 37 find and read.

If those around you seem unkind,
In John 15 your help you’ll find.
So read of Christ the friend for aye;
For he is with you everyday.

Are you needing food or raiment?
Are you poor as poor can be?
Take ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS
Matthew 6 verse 33.

Have you lost your faith in people?
In yourself and everything?
Take Mark ‘leven two and twenty,
It will make you shout and sing.

Are there strange conflicting signboards?
All along your upward way?
Take John 10 verse 27,
And you cannot go astray.

When death has claimed your loved ones,
And you are torn with grief,
1 Thessalonians 4 helps
And gives one great relief.

Do you often feel unhappy?
There’s a safe and certain cure,
Found in Proverbs 16:20
That will happiness insure.

Are you starting on a journey?
Does your heart sink with dismay?
Proverbs 3, verse 6 can strengthen,
And direct you on your way.

When you’re growing faint in heart,
And would a tonic find,
Psalm 27 can impart
New strength to heart and mind.

Are you oft inclined to worry?
Have you more than you can bear?
In 1 Peter 5, verse 7
There’s a balm for every care.

- Mrs. Clara S. Fisher.


I hope you will not only read this poem but let it lead you into the power of God’s answers for all our needs. Sometimes I get distracted and forget that my circumstances do not determine my joy! We all need strength for our own journey. If you need directions, just ask. God is always waiting to point the way to the power and the light.

Beautiful Blessings,

Rene

No comments: