Sunday, June 15, 2008

A thankful Father's Day.

"Here's to a few more Father's Days," my dad toasted at dinner. I tried to hold back the tears hoping it was true.

For obvious reasons, I truly cherished this Father's Day. It was the simple moments like him laughing at my cards, or all of us eating take-out from his favorite restaurant, or watching him get up from the recliner and shake his booty dancing into the kitchen with the most energy I've seen him have in a week. His energy levels have been pretty low since starting the chemo, but it was such a blessing to see God give him enough energy to enjoy Father's Day.

Here's some pictures from the day from my iPhone!

A handful of all the cards everyone has so graciously sent him! It's amazing how he continues to get a dozen new cards in the mail each day! Thank you to everyone who has gone out of your way to encourage him with your prayers!









No comments: